VHS To PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamloco724

In Runtime
i would like to transfer my vhs collection to my pc..what are all the best ways of going about doing this to get the best results quality wise

I'd say get a high-quality tuner card and hook your VCR up to your PC through that.

Does the VCR have a tuner in it, or does it just have RCA jacks?

You also get USB VHS players, they often come with recording software for making digital conversions.

uhmmmm my dad had something exactly for this. connected the computer to the VHS player and it would copy the movies over. I'll e-mail him and find out what it was

the vcr has rca jacks..but the problem is i think i want to get a new vcr if im going to do this because the tracking on this one is garbage so besides how to do this any recommendations on a vcr i can pick up on ebay that has a good tracking and under 100 bucks

iamloco724, I have started a similar progect, converting old family VHS tapes to DVD. I bought a video capture device from NewEgg a while back. Make sure the capture device does the digital converstion as it trasnfers the data to the computer. That is important as it takes a lot less time and work from your computer. And as you transfer you can preview, capture still images, and do some cutting.

I hook my VHS player to the device, I forget the brand, and it converts and transfers to my computer using the bundled editing sooftware. I have used other Editing software also such as Sony Vegas Studioo, but the bundled software is much easir and simpler of course. I have already converted 2 tapes to DVD with on screen menu and all. You dont need a real powerful PC , but you do need a large capacity HD for storage. And you need a fair amount of time depending on how much editing you decide to doe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom