vhs to computer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgallo

Beta member
I have old home movies on vhs tapes and I want to put them on my pc to send to people, can anyone explain to me an easy way to do this? The camcorder records onto old vhs-c tapes (the mini cassettes), and it doesn't have anything that will plug into the computer, so I can't do it that way. Maybe there's some way I could just connect the tv or vcr to the computer or something and save it as a video file? Any suggestions would be so helpful, thanks.

you would need a capture card and possibly an old toshiba vcr (toshiba and goldstar didn't put macrovision protection on their vcr). if the vhs is homade you might get by with just any vcr

I was thinking about trying this myself and was wondering:

Can I take a VCR with the red/yellow/white AV cables and hook them directly into my videocard (it has the ports) and use Windows Movie Maker to do video capture and then just use another program to convert the VHS to DVD?

Would this work? If not, about how much is a descent video capture card?

I was wanting to do this recently.

If your willing to spend about £40 then you could get everything you need to convert your old vhs tapes.

I brought a cheap video capture card which allows you to plug video straight in. Though you would need to put your two (white & red) phono leads into a single jack, to input the sound.

Though Im sure if you pay more you could get the two inputs on one card. If you don't want to put a card into your pc then you can buy actual kits that will connect via a usb port that will do the job.

Though be careful which ones you buy, I heard pinnacle is really bad for your computer.

Once you have all this you can then buy a scart adaptor that you put into your scart socket that then gives you the three comopiste outputs to which you can plug your leads into and then straight into your pc!!

Hopefully this cleared up a few things for you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom