Vga to old TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

reedy212

Beta member
I bought a new laptop, and I only have VGA output. I need to find a cable to go from VGA to standard RCA (red yellow white) i know I don't have any of the special greens and blues. I used to use an S video to RCA cable, so I have that handy. I found a few on amazon that have vga to an s video female and an rca female, but I decided to ask before I made any purchases. Thanks for your help

I bought a new laptop, and I only have VGA output. I need to find a cable to go from VGA to standard RCA (red yellow white) i know I don't have any of the special greens and blues. I used to use an S video to RCA cable, so I have that handy. I found a few on amazon that have vga to an s video female and an rca female, but I decided to ask before I made any purchases. Thanks for your help

You mean this? LINKMost cost $2 but don't over pay for shipping, I would suggest a local shop might carry them. This will only work if your laptop's graphics card support composite. You need to check that out first. Some newer laptops use the unused VGA pins for composite. If you are unsure then check out your laptop specs before wasting the time and money.

If you plan to run an HD converter box on that old set you might find one with VGA port. But that could end up costing as much if not more than a good LCD flat screen monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom