Very satisfied with Bose Companion 5 speaker system...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
I went to CompUSA today and shocked to hear from my manager that the store is closing. It was bought bye some Liquidator and the store will be shutting down. So since I had a replacement plan on the Spherex 5.1 XBOX Surround Sound System I bought 3 months ago, I acted quickly and replaced it with the Bose Companion 5 Speaker System. I paid $150.00 for the Spherex and the Bose Companion 5 cost $400.00

Because I no longer worked at CompUSA, I asked my manager if I could get the Bose Speakers at COST (I pay the same amount as how much CompUSA paid for it) and he said yes. So I used my replacement plan giving me $150.00 plus tax to store credit and paid the difference. The Bose Companion 5 is $260.00 at COST, so I paid the difference of $120.00 to replace my Spherex to the Bose Companion 5 Speakers.

As far as the sound quality goes, it sounds amazing! Not sure if its as loud as the Spherex cuz I really haven't cranked the volume up all the way cuz it gets too loud and I'm afraid that I might crank it too much that its taking a lot of power causing a power outage at my house considering the fact that all of our Christmas lights are ON outside.

But ye, I'm very glad that I replaced my Spherex. Not only did I get a great deal on the Bose System, I no longer have to worry about the clutter and space. I can't wait to bring these bad boys to my dorm next year. I'm currently on winter break so I'm home until Jan 3rd when Winter Quarter starts.

Grr... that means I have to change my sig... I hate doing that, it takes forever even just to change the text. LOLZ.

What do you guys think? Too bad that this doesn't have a DTS decoder, I tried playing a movie in DTS and it doesn't have any sound. Hm..... my Spherex was able to play movies in DTS which I really loved. :( Kinda sad cuz the Spherex has Mirage Speakers which is really expensive and a very very good technology. :(

Edit: The sound using my Bose Headphones sounds way better when I plug it in the Bose Companion 5 compared to when I had it plugged in directly to the computer. Maybe because the Companion 5 has a better sound card than my Integrated sound card from my motherboard. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom