vcd to svcd

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
ive got a copy of a vcd as a bin and on disk. but my dvd only plays svcds so is there anyway i can convert it?

im lost

thanks

Hmmm are you sure? 99% of DVD players happily play VCD's even if they don't state that they do.........but only about 25% of DVD players support SVCD.

Have you tried playing a VCD on your DVD?

To burn the .bin to cd you will need its .cue file.....................if you don't have a .cue file open notebook and type (or copy and paste)this:

FILE "***********.bin" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
INDEX 01 00:06:00

Where the ****** are type the EXACT name of your .bin file complete with any capitals, punctuation or underscores. Save the file as a .cue file (not a .txt)

Example
FILE "My_Video.Roho.bin" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
INDEX 01 00:06:00

Associate (Properties/open with) the .cue file with Nero or whatever you use to burn and the rest will be done 'like magic'. Note vcd's and svcd's are always MODE2.

Or open Nero | Burn Image| select the .bin file and ensure you use MODE2

Or go here for an auto .cue maker:
http://www.site.uottawa.ca/~glabr047/cueator.html

when i mount a cue file onto alcohol 120 % and try to play it it cant play on the windows media player or winamp...

do u know what i can do to get these cue files to work?

i made a vcd from hte bin and cue i downloaded and tired it on my dvd player and it didnt work, but wen i did the same but the name sed it was a svcd, it did work if u get me. weird i no, just want to no if there anyway i can change it other than rippin it to mpeg and remakin it as svcd which takes hours

In short no, a SVCD is MPEG2 (like DVD) and VCD is MPEG(1) you will have to re-author.

The 'net is full of dodgy .cue files you should ALWAYS open a .cue file with notepad and ensure it is the correct one for your .bin before you start the burn...

so ur saying that svcd(mpeg2) can be played on a dvd player but vcd cannot? or can both be played?

if you burnt your CUE and windows media can't play it you probably don't even have a valid VCD file. your DVD player CAN play VCD if it can play SVCD, it makes no sense if it can't. check your "VCD" file again, it might not even be an actual VCD file.

erm how i check? it plays in powerdvd if thats anyhelp? and wen i put i on my clone drive it calls it a video cd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom