Using a car amp for computer speakers help

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyholling

Beta member
I blew the amp of my Logitech Z560. I wanted to use my cheap 300watt amp I had in my car. I know I need a headphone to RC cable converter. Thats all I know though. I dont know how to power it, or if I need to have remote wire for anything, or if it needs to be grounded. Can somebody please help me. Also be specific, maybe with pics because if you say I need a power supply of some sort, I will not know what that is. Thank you.

ok

That thing is 30watts, One speaker alone has more than that, each of the 4 speakers are 53 watts and the sub is 188 watts.

Best bet would be to just get a new set of speaker's,That way it save's you all the time and hassle and will save you from a headache too if you accidentally fry your amp while trying to hook it up and that :D

Re: ok

andyholling said:
That thing is 30watts, One speaker alone has more than that, each of the 4 speakers are 53 watts and the sub is 188 watts.

trust me when I say those speaker arent 53 watts. thet are more like 10-15 watts and 25-30 on the sub. all computer speakers lie about their watts to sell more speakers.

you look at rms watt (continuous) to get a true rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom