The ultimate subwoofer project

Status
Not open for further replies.
most of the wood I had laying around. the trim alone cost me 50 buck. but that's only because I wood stained it mahogany at first and the color didn't match (it look like a match until it dried), so I had to start over. the wood stain were 7 bucks a pice. I got the polyurathane for 10 bucks for a gallon

this is roughly the project parts price.

trim = 25 bucks
stain = 7
mdf = 25 bucks each. I think that you just need 1 sheet
polyurathane small bottle = 7
think paneling for outside cover = 9 to 15 bucks. you don't need 1/2 birchwood like I had
16 inches of 4x4 = 5 bucks
4 inch pvc pipe = 7 bucks

so parts should cost roughly 100 bucks. hopefully you will have all of the right tools

That's pretty cool. I think you should try the 10 inch legs though, that might help with the pressure since there would be more open room underneath.

Eric, epic. Nuff said.

My wife would let me do that. If we had the cash. :p

Very nice, any reason why you chose the Armageddon? I have some pictures somewhere of my MAW-15 that I had in my HT setup. I did forward firing ports, and downward firing sub.

I thought about doing that wit the port. I chose the Armageddon because even though they're are design for small enclosure in the car, they can give 20hz without having to build a 25cu. ft enclosure. they can do it with 10 internal cubic ft.

on a side note. I bought some new subs for my car. My friend eric works for maxxsonic so he sold me the woofers at his cost which was 350 for 2

Hifonics OLM2412 12" Component Subwoofers Car Subwoofers Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix

they are suppose to be. the verdict is still out. but I do have them in the wrong box. i have them in small sealed when they need big ported

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom