tv_tuner/WMC help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeCo.

Beta member
I have a few issues regarding tv tuners and windows media center that i hope someone can help me answer.

I currently have an ati pro wonder tv tuner. I thought going with a well known brand would be best. I think i might have been wrong. The card is kinda buggy and at times will give me codec errors..then a few hours later work fine w/ out errors. Also for some reason i cannot use the Windows Media Center that i dished out the extra bucks to get. I get a tv tuner not installed error. So i'm forced to use the junk ati program. So, has anyone come across an error like this? Would a new tuner fix this? I really want to use my WMC software, rather then the one that comes along w/ the card.

Also i noticed that some channels (the good ones) are simply too fuzzy to watch..or they are nothing but a black or blue screen. Does the channels that comes in good depend on the card, the software you are using..or just plain luck?

Finally...can anyone suggest a good tv tuner...one that will work with the media center...

Thank you so much to anyone that can help me. I really appreciate it.

- Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom