TV tuner options

Status
Not open for further replies.
NewCents05 said:
yea or maybe he has a laptop... lets see you try to fit a pci card in a laptop

I dont really trust these unknown brands like kworld or happysausage or whatever it was. ATI is a well known brand. people may not like it because nvidia is better but this isnt really a graphics card so id rather go with a more trusted brand.

I'd already covered the possibility that he might have a laptop...

And yea, you're kind of right about unknown brands, but someone's always going to have to be the first one to have some balls and give a different company a chance. Fortunately for me, newegg allowed me to read reviews other people posted that already had success with the product. It's not like I even had to be the first person. It's lasted me nine months of DAILY use so far, and it works flawlessly, the software is excellent, and the price is right, so I really don't care who makes it. Also, just because you have never heard of a certain brand doesn't mean that it is an "unknown brand."

Afterall, think about how expensive (or rather, cheap) a real TV is. You can buy a 19" color tv for like $50 on sale nowadays. With a physical tv, the circuitry that does most of the work is only one part of the production cost. The cost of the CRT, glass screen, plastic housing, exterior design, speakers, etc all has to be paid for, too. With a tuner card, you are in essence only getting the circuitry. Why pay premium for it?

i'm like you ... i want to buy Tv tuner and i asked alot of people and they said that ati is the best but it's expensive ...the pictures and the videos u want 2 capture will be clear and nice..

once i bought tv tuner " v.v family " i just trid it 4 one day then i returned it .. coz the pictures are'nt clear..

thx

its not outrageously expensive but its not like cheap its what youd expect to pay for a usb tv tuner. its around 80 new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom