TV Tuner Madness... Please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
I want to buy a TV Tuner for my computer so I can watch/record my favorite TV shows on my computer, without having to go into the living room and fight my cousins to the death to watch a simple show. :laughing:

I have around $70 and don't mind stretching it a bit to ~100 if that need-be.

I will also be using NTSC (analog) because I am using cable TV without the receiver. I might buy one later, so I would also like to have the connection for ATSC (digital) also.

I want quality and I want it to work without using Windows Media Center because I am using Windows Server 2008.

I was thinking about Leadtek Winfast HDTV Cinema or ATI TV Wonder 650 Combo

*OH EM GEE,
Buying a simple TV Tuner seems so complicated, because all I have to go by for quality is reviews on Newegg. That's not going to cut it for me. Please help me before I go with a wrong decision.

Does it require Windows Media Center though?
I can use Third Party Software right?

yes go to start run type services.msc and set the media center receiver service to manual (to use one or more diff. programs) or disable (just use the other programs). power cinema will work without you doing this

I like haupage and ati tuners. they put more work into getting high quality. get a pci express tuner like the haupage. it won't have the irql conflict that pci tuners sometimes have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom