TV Tuner Card Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

upallnighter

Baseband Member
I'm new to the whole deal of recording TV onto computer. I was wondering if anyone could spell out what would be a good card, maybe the pros and cons of a couple good/popular brands. Also, which guide software would be the best to use with the suggested card and why. Just looking to learn a little so I can make an informed purchase. Thanks.

Damn, what ever happened to good old-fashioned TV man.. I guess our Technology is advancing well, but also dis-respecting modern Technology.

Well when I say software, I mean a program that will allow me to program in a schedule of shows to record and dump to the HD. I've read that there are alot of them out there but few that are good.

Haha and as for what happened to good old fashioned tv, the coax connector snapped off mine while it was sitting in the common room of my dorm suite, and no one knows anything about it....hmm so instead of dropping money to fix it and then get a vcr, I'm just going to connect it via s video and use a tuner card in my pc.

Well I just finished a machine to run linux on, I haven't decided on a distro yet. I was thinking about Debian, so if you know of something that would run on linux that would be helpful as well. Provided I'm not assuming too much and you actually run linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom