TV tuner card

Status
Not open for further replies.

hickfarm

In Runtime
I got this video card "SAPPHIRE 100153L Radeon X1800GTO2 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card"

It has vivo. I have dish network and have a coaxial cable from the reciever all the way to the computer in my room. Is there a way to change the video back to the inputs for vivo?

It would save me a lot of money instead of buying a tv tuner.

It might be my only choice. I want good quality also.

I was also wondering can i hook up my xbox to the video card and play it on my pc monitor or would it be to much of a delay?

yep.. the delay is to much, it takes to long to convert it.. its almost impossible to set up a tv tuner to work with a game, that would cost alota $$$

Ok i know now that i can't play my xbox through my video card/

But is there a way to change the coaxial cable back to plugs that i can use for vivo? I went to radioshack and the guy said that you couldn't and if you could it would be poor quality. Is this true and i will have to buy a tuner card or is there a good way to convert it back to the vivo plugs?

You can buy a TV Tuner for like 40 bucks canadian... There really are no high end TV Tuners except for the ones that have mpeg encoding built into them... I would just buy one for around 40, I just bought one a couple of days ago for my laptop and I don't mind it.

Should i get a USB 2.0 tv tuner or would it better to get a pci card?

I do have an extra pci express X16 slot. Can you buy a tuner card for that? Would be any faster or better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom