tv recording software...

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I would like to record a program off my tv, into my computer. I don't have a tuner card or anything. I'm just connecting the computer to the LCD tv, via VGA cable. Does anybody know of any good recording software for my situation. Thanks...

b1gapl said:
I would like to record a program off my tv, into my computer. I don't have a tuner card or anything. I'm just connecting the computer to the LCD tv, via VGA cable. Does anybody know of any good recording software for my situation. Thanks...

This will not work with this hookup. The tv will just act as a monitor for your computer. the video card's VGA port is an output port only and it will not accept an input. I have a feeling that the VGA port on your tv is an input port that will not output. So, you need to buy a card.

Connect the TV, amplified turntable output audio device to the computer's Line In socket using a stereo audio cable. Any audio editing/ recording software will be of use. Suggests to try [snipped] for recording the TV program.
[spam snipped]

Neil55 said:
Connect the TV, amplified turntable output audio device to the computer's Line In socket using a stereo audio cable. Any audio editing/ recording software will be of use. Suggests to try [snipped] for recording the TV program.
[spam snipped]

Spam reported.

please don't quote spam

The General said:
How else would spam be on the forum unless it is in a post?

I think that he means that the spam is actually relevant to the thread. If the guy wouldn't have put the link in it, it wouldn't have been spam.

It's spam; look at his other posts. He exists here, in order to spam his software.

But I see what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom