TV as a monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Prefect 42

Solid State Member
Is there a way to set up a tv monitor were words are reradable, and the res isn't terrible, without spending a bunch of money on a realy good tv?

probably not. However if there is someone can let me know. because as of now mine wont really work that way

mrzeeedler said:
probably not. However if there is someone can let me know. because as of now mine wont really work that way

Not really.
Like i was hoping to Ranarok Online on my 80cm TV over the week end. It was not pretty.

However UT2k4 was fantastic.

the way they design televisions and computer monitors are completely different. the TV's resolutions do not go high enough for you to read text. the reson why is because a 27" TV is meant for the person to look at it from 6-15 feet while a computer monitor is designed for the person to be 1-2 feet from it.

it's not because TV's are designed poorly. just look at the price for a 27" TV and compare that with the price of a 27" CRT monitor and you will see what i mean. HDTV's are about the same as a computer monitor so i would guess they would work for what you want as long as you have a TON of money to get one.

Try using large / custom size fonts and /or changing the DPI...

click on a empty space on the desktop | Properties | Appearance | Font Size

and

click on a empty space on the desktop | Properties | Settings | Advanced | General > DPI settings

This will be about the best you can get .....at least you should now get readable text.....

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom