TV and Blu-ray choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalliArt882

Daemon Poster
I probably could have made this topic elsewhere but I know that this forum has alot of knowledgeable people who can help me. Me and three friends are rising sophmores in college, and just signed leases to live at a very nice off-campus facility. It is already furnished, but lacks things such as TV and sound ect. We would like to put together a pretty good entertainment center in the living room with blu-ray/HDTV ect.

First we need a 1080p LCD TV that is around 40-42". They seem to get pretty expensive as you go past that size. We will game on it so we want LCD. I won't want to spend a fortune on it but between four guys throwing in money, we have some room. So we want a good brand that lasts. Personally I'm a fan of Samsung because from my experience they are beaufitully designed and having stunning picture quality. This TV will be hooked up to an Xbox 360 Elite for gaming and also a blu-ray player. With the four of us pitching in, I was looking into this:

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG ToC 40" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV w/ DNIe - LN40A650

^ I probably wouldnt want us to spend more money than that. Now I need help on blu-ray players. People tell me to buy a PS3, but I know that I will never game on it because I personally hate the controller and the 360 suits me better for its racing games. Is there a more economical choice for a blu-ray player? As far as sound goes, I'm going to put my Z-5500 in the living room via optical cable, just to hold us over. BUT later on we may buy an entry level Onkyo 7.1 system that may support Dolby True HD ect. Is there any blu-ray solution that offers the features I will need in the future like True HD thats better for me than the PS3? Thanks for your help.

Edit: Was looking at this for a blu-ray player

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Blu-Ray Disc Player BD-P2500 - Blu-Ray Players

Any blu-ray player by reputable brands are good, the difference in picture quality between them is minimal. The sound quality is more obvious between cheeper and higher end models, though.

The PS3 is a very capable Blu-Ray player, they are reccomended for a reason.

That TV is a very good tv, too. Have fun with it all.

Yes, PS3 has very good sound, afterall, it needs to so it can deliver on the awesome game surround sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom