Turtle Beach Montego DDL 7.1 - Vista 64 drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
rican, you're missing the point. I have yet to see anybody have Ubuntu/X-Fi experiences with "flying colors."

I use Ubuntu all of the time, except for gaming which I use Vista for.
I also use headphones for gaming, so, in reality all I do is use headphones in Vista.
So, I leave my stereo hooked up to the Montego, and my headphones hooked up to the onboard card.

It's actually unusually convenient to have 2 sound cards, 1 dedicated for each OS. ;)

I wouldn't mind having the headphones on the Montego, though... but whenever Turtle Beach gets their head out of their *** and picks up Vista 64 support, I'll be stuck with what I got... which actually isn't a bad gig in the first place.

I dont go by what people post on forums.

For example my board is supposed to be horrible, theres a thead 10 pages long about how bad it is and supposedly it dies and all this crap.

Ive had no issues with it for over a year. Turtle Beach is pretty much a nobody now, and the X-Fi series remains one of the best for the pirce. Dont dog it until you try it.

Another thing is im an audio guy and i can assure you, you will be more happy with an X-Fi.

Im pretty sure you are above the average user, and can get the card running well. My X-Fi is an oem and supposedly wouldint work with retail X-fi drivers..wrong. They loaded up just fine...i had to acquire a special modified install cd but all it took was some reading around and bam works just like a retail X-Fi and cost me $35 brand new from woot.com.

rican... It's one thing to ignore what newegg reviews say. But when forum admins on ubuntu forums are saying the thing is a beast (and in some cases impossible) to get working, I'm willing to take that chance.

I'm quite happy with the Montego and intend to stay with it for quite a while. Thx.

Good news!

Even though the wankers as Turtle Beach don't have a Vista 64 driver available, you can download a Vista as well as Windows 7 (beta) driver directly from C-Media (the makers of the CMI8738 chip which drives the Montego DDL. I downloaded the Win7 driver and it's working just fine on my Win7 64 RTM release.

I don't know if the Vista driver they have up there supports 64 as well as 32 but since they don't mention either, I'll assume it supports both just as the Win7 driver does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom