Turtle Beach catalina vs. Audigy 2ZS

Status
Not open for further replies.

macdawg

Daemon Poster
I have had both an Audigy 2 ZS and a Turtle Beach Catalina and switched back to my Audigy 2 ZS today now that they released new drivers recently that would install with my OEM soundcard.

Man, there is a big big difference, watching a DVD with the Audigy 2 ZS is much, much better, you can hear subtle details amazingly well, the speaker volume is louder which I don't know why but it is, and its obviously better for gaming.

I wish Creative had more competition, they basically own the market, but this soundcard is awsome.

There are better soundcards around...but most are designed with professional audio use in mind (often recording) and are much more expensive...for consumer uses, the Audigy seems to be the best by common consent.

maroon1 said:
i heard that Audigy 2 is the best audio card ever

I agree with The Major.

I'm running M-Audio sound right now, which is entry-level professional. I spent just around $400 for my setup, but it also included a breakout box and the likes. It's a recording soundcard.

I also have the Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro though, and I love it for gaming.

You can test the real-world specs of your audio interface with a free and popular utility called RightMark. You can get it here. You'll just need a cable to plug the line-out to the line-in to run a loop-back test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom