Turning off decicated sound card and enabling onboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
Just a quick question, my friends sound card is having problems and so can anyone tell me how to disable the sound card and enable the onboard, also it's a way to make sure it is their sound card which is the problem(sound not working).

Do i just uninstall the drivers for the card and go into BIOS and enable onboard sound configuration? It was called something like that and right now it's disabled.

The board is a Asus P5K deluxe wifi.

yep tried lots of things, going to keep helping my friend getting it working but they really want to try their new speakers and they only use them for games and listening to Itunes or music editing or anything and my onboard sound is fine for me i assume P5K is really to P5Q in that respect.

So is it simply uninstall sound card drivers and enable sound configuration(or something with a name like that i saw disabled) in the BIOS?

Windows will not use more than one sound device at a time. Enable the Onboard in the BIOS and then in Device Manager (in windows) DISABLE (not uninstall) the one you dont want to use.

ok speakers working now, still it would be nice to get this soundcard working...

It's an X-fi xtreme music, Vista 32-bit is the OS. I have the latest drivers from creatives site, downloaded xtreme sound first but it said device not found and so i tried xtreme music and they worked. It's a custom built pc so i didn't know whether it was xtreme music or xtreme sound(different cards) as the site which built just had X-fi audio card.

Still the logitech X-210 speakers do not work in the audio jack. The sound card is enabled as i checked in output devices when you right click the speaker symbol in the bottom right screen. Also when i play a track there is a bar with green lines changing, like it is playing the sound but it isn't coming out, if that makes any sense. It isn't the speakers as when i disabled the card and enabled onboard they work.

If you want the sound card to work, you have to disable the onboard (in BIOS). Also, try changing the PCI slot the soundcard is in.

Again, you can't use them both.

oh i know about disabling the onboard and it's not like the sound card isn't being found x-fi is the primary output device and everything just no sound comes out the speakers when im using the x-fi

haven't seen it anywhere how would i know, no idea if a P5K deluxe(wifi) counts as recent enough for it?

oh i know about disabling the onboard and it's not like the sound card isn't being found x-fi is the primary output device and everything just no sound comes out the speakers when im using the x-fi

you must not be plugging the speakers into the right jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom