Troubles watching videos.

Bartzium

Solid State Member
Hi, new guy so don't know where to post this really.

My issue:
Since about 3 months ago I am unable to watch videos on my computer. If i watch a clip on youtube for example, it might work for a few min, then screen starts to flash of green and black, sound gets distorted and it fast's forward and jumps about a minute at a time untiil the video is over.

If i watch a video from twitch for example, it all of a sudden just pauses. I have to reload the page, fast forward or something, and then it just after a few min completely stops, and after 30 seconds, up to a minute it gives me links to other videos. Acting as if the video i was watching was over even tho more then 2 hours remain.

I've checked google over and over and all i can see is people mentioning that the issue can be coming from adobe flash so i've updated, swapped versions etc etc. Doesn't work. Tried swapping from google chrome to firefox, IE, Opera. Doesn't work on any of them.

Any tips?

YouTube -> "Join the HTML5 Trial" Try it.
If i am not wrong HTML5 handle to change Flash player in the future, this is beta HTML5 YouTube implementation. Not all videos will be loaded on HTML5 format but those who (in my opinion) is formatted in HTML5.
As an example: How to embed video in HTML5 - YouTube (Press: "Watch on YouTube) This one use HTML5 format you can see it by pressing right mouse button on video.
Tell how it works. If works good then the problem is in Flash player. If problem consist then we will need to rethink about other solving.

I'll try that later cause of right now i can only watch that vid for 20 seconds before it starts to flash green and fast forward 'til the end. But ill try it later today before work or tomorrow. Thanks for trying to help me out! Appriciate it!

Joined the test thing anyways. and ill check out some vids and see how it goes. I'll keep u posted!

First video i looked at for 4 minutes then started flashing :/ I have not updated any driver, i haven't updated anything BUT flash since this problem started. and i've tried to rollback flash aswell but that didn't work. And i've looked everywhere but can't seem to find a solution.

First video i looked at for 4 minutes then started flashing :/ I have not updated any driver, i haven't updated anything BUT flash since this problem started. and i've tried to rollback flash aswell but that didn't work. And i've looked everywhere but can't seem to find a solution.

What browser are you using?

Have you tried a different browser? Have you tried updating your graphics drivers?

He mentioned this happening in all browsers in the OP.

Try updating your graphics drivers as was suggested. Also, if you have any extra programs in the background (or plugins) turn them off too.

I've already tried disabling all the extra programs, plugins etc. And i have the latest graphic drivers. This is really driving me insane.. But ill check again but last time i checked i had the latest drivers.

Back
Top Bottom