Trouble with VGA and RCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

sepher717

Beta member
Hello there,

I did a search but did not specifically find what i was looking for so, i thought that i might ask it here, and maybe get a few answers ^^

I want to run my ps2, or maybe my gamecube off of my LCD flatscreen that i just got. It's not its only use, but one i would like to try and accomplish.

At this point, here is what i have for equipment.

Computer- Dell Inspiron 1721 Laptop
Monitor- Synaps 15.6 inch flatscreen LCD
Other Devices- PS2, Gamecube, Xbox 360, Universal VGA converter box

Trouble: Basically, I run a vga to vga cord to the universal vga box from my laptop (into the port that says pc). From here, i run another of said cords from the port that says monitor into my monitor itself. Now, the monitor works just find for dual boxing when i have it connected directly in, but i get a no signal error on the screen when hooked through the VGA box, despite having the switch set correctly to PC. Not on that, after i hooked the RCA cables into the back of the box, and turned on the ps2, and switched the box over to the ps2, there was still no display. I am unsure if i am missing something here, and i hope that i can get some advice here.

Thanks in advance!

sepher717

Its not possible to make conversion from RCA to VGA. They're completely different signals, there are converter boxes for it but they are ridiculously expensive. You may be able to do VGA/DVI to composite though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom