Trouble trying to burn 7gig DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Runtime
I am having a problem trying to burn a dvd. For a while now i have been using a combination of two programs to burn dvds, as the tutorials i found on the subject were quite confusing.
First i use DVD Decrypter to output the vob files onto my hard drive, then i use DVD Shrink to open the folder that contains the vob files and burn or 'backup' the files to a blank dvd in my burner.
The problem is with a single dvd from a series i have been burning. The output i get from DVD Decrypter is over 7gig and so when using DVD Shrink it wants to put the files across 2 dvds, which i dont want to do. It has occured to me that the dvd may be dual layer, though none of the others in the series have been so far.
Does anyone know why i am getting a 7gig output from DVD Decrypter and if it is dual layer, how can i use DVD Shrink to burn it onto a single dvd?

Dual layer dvd writer yes, dual layer dvds.... im not sure. For some reason i have never found that detail on the packaging of any of the dvd's ive seen. You'd think it would be the most important thing. I can give it another try with a more pricy type of dvd i have, which i imagine was more expensive because it is dual layer.

you have to use dvd shrink to compress it (hit backup). dvd decrypter never shrunk a disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom