Trouble With High-Res (HDTV Rip) mpg files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie578

In Runtime
I have a bunch of HDTV rips in .mpg files and none of them play correctly. They vary in resolution from 720x480, 1024x57, 1440x1080 to full 1920x1080 (auctually the one file that is 720 plays fine.) I've tried WMP11 with Nvidia Pure Decoder and the K-Multimedia Player. The videos either lag extremeley heavily, or play faster than normal with no audio, and with the KMP, the lower resolution videos think that 100% size is my native screen resolution (1680x1050). Any thoughts? I'd rather not install any codecs but if its what I need, im for it.

with video size set to 50% in KMP

I also switched the video and audio decoders to the internal KMP Codecs and it has the same problem.

Video card is your problem, especially if you have intergrated. If you dont already, get a dedicated video card, preferably a geforce 7 or 8 series, as those encode/decode hd video easily, and take the full load off your cpu.

i have a 8600GT and a dual core proc. if you'll notice in the screenshot it says my cpu usage is ~40%. ive found 1 1920x1080 vide0 that plays smoothly in wmp11

and i have all latest drivers. the nvidia decoders are designed to put the video rendering on the gpu rather than the cpu. mabey a setting in the nvidia panel? i havent changed anything since i installed the nvidia drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom