Toshiba Laptop - sound too loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

sab3156

Baseband Member
Hey, I just switched from Vista 32-bit to XP 64-bit, and I'm having problems with my audio... It is too loud even on the lowest setting. At the lowest volume levels, it goes to an almost inaudible sound, until I move the volume wheel up a bit and then it just becomes loud instantaneously and not gradually...

I'm using a Toshiba A205 - S4629 Notebook.

I didn't have this problem in Vista... I have Realtek Audio drivers installed. Anybody ever have similar problems? It really is quite a nuisance.

- sab

there should be about 3 separate ways to adjust audio...
basic volume control slider
audio control app
and hardware control...IE., on my asus I press some buttons to -/+ audio.

Well, yeah, I know... but the slider and the audio adjusting wheel on the laptop don't allow me to hear the lowest volume settings, so I have to bring it up a tiny bit more and then I hear it right then, and it's too loud... Why don't I have the ability to hear the sounds at the lowest volume settings?

- sab

How loud, as loud as a motorbike going by ? as loud as what... your definition of loud may be very poor, and there actually not loud and there just screaching and just in general sound crap at the higher volumes. Laptop speakers are never, ever, actually loud, or good sound quality.

So maybe you do have a problem, try to explain in more detail and i will try and help.

Best of luck,
KMAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom