Toshiba 1905 S301 Sound Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNRomano4

Beta member
I bought this computer about 1 year ago and I always had a random sound shut off. e.g. If I use Wmedia player, works for 30 sec. or 1 min, them stops. To watch a DVD I know that sometimes it will work and sometimes it will stop in the middle of the movie.
Sometimes some software has sound while others don't, and I know that I'll be without any sound soon.
At least I discovered that I don't need to reboot the computer, just go to the device manager and disable and re-enable the sound with all programs that uses sound closed that works again, and won't stop to work until I change the software that is using the sound. Even the Windows running alone have this problem.
I always had this problem in my computer and nobody was able to resolve. I received recommendations to update Bios, disable some features etc. and I finished with a video problem that I solved formatting the computer. But I still have the sound problem!
It is amazing that nobody can solve this! Please help me!

Adding information...The computer is a Toshiba Satellite 1905 S301 with Windows XP home edition; 512RAM; 40 GB. The Microsoft office that I have installed is in Portuguese.
At this point I'm very upset with Toshiba and Microsoft. Toshiba did not give me support because the computer is imported in Brazil! And Microsoft did not support because the Windows is customized by Toshiba!
I like this computer, but this problem is driving me crazy and my next one won't be a Toshiba anymore if I can not resolve this. (Sorry for this desperate comment)
Heeeeelp!

me too

I have a toshiba A25-S207 lap top, and I have what sounds like the same problem.

Any new suggestions..

Re: me too

kbhome said:
I have a toshiba A25-S207 lap top, and I have what sounds like the same problem.

Any new suggestions..

I have A25-S3072 toshiba satellite computer. My sound problem started in a week after I bought this computer. There was absolutely no sound whatsoever. They did not take the computer back and did not replace it with smtg else.I sent the computer to service and they shipped to Japan to resolve the issue!! After a month! when I checked the details of the repair on the service paper, I saw that they put some kind of a grease to the wiring in order to make the sound come back again. After a week the sound went dead again. I hate the speakers of this laptop and I have no idea about what's going on with the speakers etc. I think this is a common problem in satellites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom