thinking about ipod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troubledyouth

In Runtime
i know that ipods have to have aac file.i wanted to know how big a typical aac file is so i know what size ipod i should get.i have 1.17GB of mp3 music on my comp so how much space would that prob be if they were aac files?

Troubledyouth said:
i know that ipods have to have aac file.

What do you mean by have to have ? You are able to copy mp3 files to your ipod and play them you don't have to have aac files on there but if you want aac files on there (just takes more time and effort i think) you can set the bit rate of them etc. so it shouldn't be a problem.

i would stay away from ipods as far as possible... apple sucks at hardware, and I've heard LOTS of ppl having problems with them. They have VERY poor construction, and their price is really high because they're popular and look good on the outside, but on the inside they are ****

get this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16855102146

it's fast,VERY SMALL, nice, comes with 2 batteries, no problems, good sound quality

The iPod is able to transfer AAC, protected AAC (from the iTunes music selection), MP3, Audible, Apple Lossless, WAV, and AIFF

im sorry for posting this late but the relevance of this topic is what im looking for... here goes.. does this mean that the ipod doesnt necessarily need itunes to play music files?

pc_boy said:
i would stay away from ipods as far as possible... apple sucks at hardware, and I've heard LOTS of ppl having problems with them. They have VERY poor construction, and their price is really high because they're popular and look good on the outside, but on the inside they are ****

dunno whos been telling you this because a fair few sites have pulled apart ipods to look at the quality of the hardware used and found higher quality grade capacitors and other electronic stuff used than any mp3 on the market. ive had my ipod photo for about a year now mayb bit more and nothing has gone wrong and the sound quality is pretty high up ther. oh wel everyone has their own tastes

Prelude92 said:
im sorry for posting this late but the relevance of this topic is what im looking for... here goes.. does this mean that the ipod doesnt necessarily need itunes to play music files?

you can get ephpod which is free and can transfer and play ipod songs etc on your pc

well i meant for the ipod itself.. from the ipod to the pc is what ephpod is for right? i was meaning to ask from the pc to the ipod...

ephpod can go both ways .. (pc > ipod and ipod > pc) .. i installed it on my ipod (inside the drive in a seperate folder) so that i could plug it in to any computer and play the files and transfer from it without itunes and it works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom