Thinking about getting an ipod...one Q...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wowihaveausernm

Beta member
Well ive been thinking of getting an ipod, and when i saw the super bowl add for napster and that u pay 15.00$ a month for unlimited downloading, i thought that it was too good to be true. So i went to www.napter.com, and i found out that u can get a 30 day free trial, meaning i could download all the music i wanted to my ipod for free!
But this was definitly to good to be true, after a little research i found out that napster purposly uses WMA files so, meaning that they arent compatible with the mp3 and other assorted formats that an ipod uses. And maybe id just get a WMA player if there was one that was either close to or as good as an ipod...
But then it hit me, is it possible for me to use a program that converts WMA files to mp3 files so that they can run on my ipod? Or did napster purposly make it so u cant do that?

Any help would be greatly apreciated...

i really think there is, my bro (AND_YOU_ARE) would b able to help ya out, i think, cuz he can do all that. but im pretty sure it is possible. or maybe music match jukebox does it for you, but im pretty sure that it is do-able

but good luck

pccc

DUDE DONT USE NAPSTER!@!!! THEY LIE
you pay 15 bucks a month but when u stop u lose ALLL THE MUSIC because u dont own the music so its like renting it, and u have to use a device (mp3 player) that is compatible and if u dont connect it to you rcomp in lik e5 days the music is inaccesible

But wait...don't they use WMA because they have DRMs? And anyway, I have Creative MeadiaSource and some other software that came with my sound card. The cool thing with the software is you can record any sound that comes out of you computer. So if I can't convert something, I'll just play it and record it in another format.

(I have a Creative Zen, which I think is better than an iPod, expect for size and weight, but it also works with Napster so you don't need to convert your formats. And Rio and iRiver are other good brands to check out, not sure if they support napster or not though)

Yeah, you can always find numerous was to re-encode things. I am not sure about the latest DRM WMAs though, I would think they would at least try to encrypt them.
Music is inacessable after five days??! Does napster know the meaning and purpose of "portable audio player"? What if you go on vacation?

burn them as music cd's an rip them back at mp3 (enable cd text in them). you can't convert napster's wma files, unless you use a trick

you can also play the the file with one player and use another player like musicmatch to rip it in the background

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom