Think this goes here

Status
Not open for further replies.

noxarcana

In Runtime
I hope you can answer this and it wont be illegal lol.

Well, my brother bought a legal copy of V for Vendetta from a store. The problem is that he is off in college 99 percent of the time and i really liked the movie the first time that i saw it. Is there a legal way to put it on your computer. I tried to google it but i did not know exactly what to look for.

The only thing that i thought of would be to copy the 2 folders from the dvd to my computer or somehow make an image file of it. And if thats not illegal, maybe this would. How would i be able to make that into something that i could play on my dvd player?

Thanks in advance

Best bet, is to use something like Alcohol and make a virtual drive and mount the image of the DVD on your computer.

To be able to make a backup copy and play it on your DVD player (not computer), You can use anydvd+cloneDVD a good combination to bypass the protection so you can make a backup copy, however I don't encourage any illegal activity, this is however legal but it's your responsibility.
http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonedvd.html

Ok, thanks for answering my question. I will try to keep away from making backup copies of it then since it is illegal.

noxarcana said:
Ok, thanks for answering my question. I will try to keep away from making backup copies of it then since it is illegal.

It's not illegal to make a backup copy, depending on the license agreement, but you should be able to make another copy. It gets complicating when you think about it, but the moral is, you should be able to protect your investment. Morally speaking here, it's not like you're opening up a warez shop and selling copy-righted DVD. But from the things you learn and know, you can abuse that power.

I have been reading around lately about this, and it seems to be legal and illegal depending on a lot of factors. It's uncertain.

The way that I understand it, at least in the US and Canada, is that it is legal to make a backup copy for personal use. However, it is illegal to circumvent copy protection. And, if the copy protection needs to be bypassed to make/use/whatever a backup, you're kind of stuck.

Keep in mind, I'm not a lawyer.

Well, i copied the files from the cd, i did not make an image of it though. My brother went back to college and took it with him. So now i am stuck with a folder called "Jacket_P" and "Video_TS". Since those are the only files on the dvd it must be al lthat i need correct? So how would i burn a playable dvd with menus from that...or is it even possible?

Also, one more thing, if i could do that, would i have to use an actual dvd or might it work if i just use a normal cd that has the amount of space to put it on?

Thanks for your help again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom