These speakers are pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
rkf76 said:
Wow, I don't see any PC speakers there, imagine that.

The only thing that really discerns "PC speakers" versus any other type of speaker is that generally, "PC speakers" are small with not as much range as other speakers. Granted, no, i wouldn't necessarily want my own speakers sitting on top of my desk, one, because they'd probably break it, and two, because there's just plain not enough room. Realistically, the only thing that is different about "PC speakers" is they are smaller.

Snake-Eyes said:
The only thing that really discerns "PC speakers" versus any other type of speaker is that generally, "PC speakers" are small with not as much range as other speakers. Granted, no, i wouldn't necessarily want my own speakers sitting on top of my desk, one, because they'd probably break it, and two, because there's just plain not enough room. Realistically, the only thing that is different about "PC speakers" is they are smaller.
Considering that this is a computer technology forum, and a thread about pc speakers, one would expect references to speakers would be made in regards to those of the smaller size that are dedicated PC pieces.

I know the one's posted could be used with a PC.

I know i'm being literal, sue me.

In any case, i'm really liking the X-230's, they are head and shoulders better than the POS Creative 350's I had, and while they don't hit nearly as hard as the Phillips, they do have better SQ which is more important to me anyway.

Well, I toyed with the idea of returning these speakers because they don't have the oomph of my 2.1 system, but it's late at night now, and I disconnected my 2.1 system and put these Philips on instead.

It's a more lighter sound for nighttime listening without the boom of the subwoofer. Plus, the music coming out is still clean and clear, just not overpowering. There is a time for everything.

ml1209 said:
Well, I toyed with the idea of returning these speakers because they don't have the oomph of my 2.1 system, but it's late at night now, and I disconnected my 2.1 system and put these Philips on instead.

It's a more lighter sound for nighttime listening without the boom of the subwoofer. Plus, the music coming out is still clean and clear, just not overpowering. There is a time for everything.
true story. It all just depends on your expectations from your speakers.

I also adjusted the equalizer to maximize the bass and it sounds so much better. Also, the fact these speakers are two feet from my face on either side of my monitor also help in their perceived power. They sound great. You DO need to play with the equalizer to get rid of the flat sound.

Crysalis and EriB, ive herd of them speakers... but am i right in saying the speakers themselves are not designed by them, they simply make the speaker encasements and take all the best speaker drivers in each category from different brands, and put them together ?, that may be a different company... But i swear it wa sthis one :p.

However good they maybe, you cant deny that Acoustic Energy, in comparison to bose, are LEAGUES ahead, and for the vast majority of speakers out there, none are as good as the AE's ?. Except the ones you linked above :p.

rkf76, it seems you are happy with the X-230's i reccomended, well if you think there good, i simply cant wait fro you to try there surround sound brother, the X-530's :).

Im not trying to make you spend money, just a worthwile investment. It will cost you a little, but the reward is worth it. Take your X-230 Speakers back, get the money, spend a bit more mney and get the Z-2300's. Better Sound but instead of 32w RMS for the X-230's, you get 200W RMS, But still only a 2.1 system.

They are doubly the money, but a lot more than double the power and sound quality. So if you have the spare money, i really advise you to consider it. And if your feeling really smug get your self an audio card :).

K M A N said:
rkf76, it seems you are happy with the X-230's i reccomended, well if you think there good, i simply cant wait fro you to try there surround sound brother, the X-530's :).

Im not trying to make you spend money, just a worthwile investment. It will cost you a little, but the reward is worth it. Take your X-230 Speakers back, get the money, spend a bit more mney and get the Z-2300's. Better Sound but instead of 32w RMS for the X-230's, you get 200W RMS, But still only a 2.1 system.

They are doubly the money, but a lot more than double the power and sound quality. So if you have the spare money, i really advise you to consider it. And if your feeling really smug get your self an audio card :).
Yeah bro, very, very happy with them. I can detect some port noise from time to time, but I really have to pay really close attention to hear it.........and it's not all the time. I think it's just a certain frequency that this happens........I listen to mainly rap and r & b music, if that matters. But yeah man, these are pretty nice. Thanks for the suggestion! Not only do they sound better, they put some money back in my pocket at the same time, I'll take that everytime.

As for the Z-2300's, I can only imagine how those things sound, surely incredible, but that's a bit overkill for me at this point. The X-230's perfect for both my taste and my budget.

As for a sound card, will getting one give me any increased SQ with my current setup? I have an HP Pavillion and am using the onboard sound.

Thanks for you help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom