Are these good headphones for $100?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i looked at the Jarbas and the specs are worse at 64omhs in comparison to 120omhs, and also the frequences ranged is less even though that doesnt matter since humans hear 20hz-20khz.

Also how much better are the hd595 in comparison to the hd555? And also, yes i know that i need to burn them in as ive read.

this might really help you out. i dont know much about specs, but I have both headphones and the Jab's sound much.... much better.

Sennheiser arn't the top, there are better brands of headphones. It depends what your looking for, the sennheisers will warm up your sound, emphasising the highs and lows. I find my Audio-Technica headphones to be very good, although i chose the D40FS version because of the emphasised bass. I left them to burn in for about 48 hours. They cost me about £50 or 100 dollars.

But if your not a fully fledged sound geek the senn's will do you perfect, they would do me perfect, but these headphones are technically better for the price than what you will get out of the senn's but they may not offer you the kind of full rich sound your used to, they just deliver what there told to deliver. if there told to deliver loud thunderous bass they will do so, wereas the senns will turn normal bass into more thumpy bass.

Sennheiser arn't the top, there are better brands of headphones. It depends what your looking for, the sennheisers will warm up your sound, emphasising the highs and lows. I find my Audio-Technica headphones to be very good, although i chose the D40FS version because of the emphasised bass. I left them to burn in for about 48 hours. They cost me about £50 or 100 dollars.

But if your not a fully fledged sound geek the senn's will do you perfect, they would do me perfect, but these headphones are technically better for the price than what you will get out of the senn's but they may not offer you the kind of full rich sound your used to, they just deliver what there told to deliver. if there told to deliver loud thunderous bass they will do so, wereas the senns will turn normal bass into more thumpy bass.

I know theres better, but for the price range they are recommended over an over, not everyone can afford grados or beyerdynamics. I was looking at these myself to mix on: Buy Audio-Technica ATH-PRO5Vs Monitor Headphones online at Musician's Friend

If you want a great pair of headphones/earphones I would highly recommend looking at the Shure Noise Isolation Earphones

Shure - SE Models

They have the best Noise Isolating Earphones in the world. I have a pair of the E3c which I bought more than two years ago and they are working perfectly. But I don't use it as much as my Bose Triport Headphones because they take more time to put on than a regular earphones or headphones.

Try before you buy. I tested some Grados next to some identically priced Sennheisers and I liked the Grados better.

See if you can find a store in the area that carries multiple brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom