Is there a photo hosting site that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any site can do that. I can go to your Facebook, MySpace, Photobucket, Imageshack or any other site where you upload a pic and save it to my PC. Just depends on the wording used by the browser.

Opera>right click "Save Image"
Firefox>right click "Save Image As"
IE>right click "Save Picture As"
Chrome>right click "Save Image As"
Safari>right click "Save Image As" and also has "Save Image to My Documents"

Use that on any image that has right clicking options enabled and viola. Image saved to local PC. I could save Naga's Sig and To Do list with just those simple instructions and have them for myself. So yeah any site can do it. There are very few image hosting sites that disable the right click, some even have the save feature right on their page.

Like Naga said, no there isn't one. That'd be a site specific script. Even if there was, that person could still hit Print Screen on their keyboard and paste it into paint, then crop it down. They have the picture now. There's always ways around it if they really want it.

If you are concerned about people stealing you images, here are a few common practices.

1) Put them in a private folder so only people you approve can look at them.
2) Upload low res copies of you work.
3) place a large watermark on your work.

no dude he's asking if there is a site where you CANT do that.

Sorry mis read the post. My bad.

There is a few places. I just dont remember them off hand. I do know of sites that place watermarks over them and have disabled right click. But still as Carnage said, Print Screen still works.

There is no way to stop someone with knowledge from stealing the image. Even if you stopped me from right clicking, i would just view the source of the page and be able to find the image in the code and get it that way.

ok thanks guys, i just wnted to know so i could post personal pics but the person i was showing em to wasnt too trust worthy (hand with photoshop) anyways i guess i wont post pics on the net thanks or your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom