is there 2.1 speakers with a Digital Optical output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
im just curious because my sound card supports it n i wonder if i would get better sound quality from it. Is it worth it? I've only seen it in some 5.1 surround sounds but i dont need it, i got my Cyborg 5.1 surround sound head set :p.

im using Z-2200 Logitech, which has a crackling left speaker that i cant stand! Was given to me by my oldest bro a few years back.

You, in all honesty, don't REALLY benefit from having an optical out for just 2.1

"BUT ITS BETTER QUALITY". If you can hear the differencefrom copper to fiber listening to computer, then you must be a calibration microphone. It can severely make a difference when in 5.1/7.1, but for 2.1, it really isn't going to drastically improve anything, except maybe ease of connection.

It's kinda like the old Gold Contacts thing. "Gold conducts better" Well, it does in the case that the entire cable, connectors and jacks are gold... not when you gold plate some aluminum.

You, in all honesty, don't REALLY benefit from having an optical out for just 2.1

"BUT ITS BETTER QUALITY". If you can hear the differencefrom copper to fiber listening to computer, then you must be a calibration microphone. It can severely make a difference when in 5.1/7.1, but for 2.1, it really isn't going to drastically improve anything, except maybe ease of connection.

It's kinda like the old Gold Contacts thing. "Gold conducts better" Well, it does in the case that the entire cable, connectors and jacks are gold... not when you gold plate some aluminum.

ohhhhhhh...........i see.

thx for the reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom