Talking over the internet problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. tech

In Runtime
I use a program called TeamSpeak to talk to mates over the internet.

At first I talked with people overseas and it seemed to lag everytime I talked to them (E.g: after I said something through my headset microphone, they wouldn't hear it until 5 seconds after I said it).

However when they talked to me it doesn't lag... I hear it as if I was talking to someone over the phone... straight away.

I then tested it with someone who lives only a few miles from me and it lagged with him too. It didn't lag when he talked to me...

I have 512 kbps intenet...

My headset is plugged directly into my sound card.

Any ideas why it is lagging? Hardware, software?

But the delays seems to be longer for me then evryone else...

One reason I know this is when the other person is listening to me through their speakers, I can hear myself come out of them 5 seconds after I speak. Just after I hear myself come out, they speak straight away.

There are other things that happen too. I know there must be a delay somewhere...

I can't remember where it is, should be under options somewhere. It allows you talk and listen at the same time. If you disable it you will have to wait for your friend to finsh talking before you can transmit.

you could try changing the setting (at work so doing this from memory) for best quality or less latency (slider bar) in the settings. also what are you doing while using ts? what game if you're playing 1?

I jsut talk while playing a game titled Halo. The problem still happens out of game when it is closed... It's so annoying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom