Taking a screenshot of a movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2k4

In Runtime
This may be a bit unusual but I want to take a screenshot of a movie on my computer. (Note, the movie file is on my computer) I've tried playing a movie using Windows media player and whenever I take and paste the screenshot in Paint the media window is black, it does not take a screenshot of the actual movie playing. Is there a way to do this? Do I need some kind of Windows media plugin? I've tried google but words like screenshot and movie in the same phrase just bring up way too many useless results.

Thanks in advance.

Best way is a video editor that lets you grab a frame, the reason windows media player wont let you take ascreenshot is because the movie picture its displaying is in likely in overlay mode so the window manager wont even see it for a screenshot, this is quite common.

try a program called virtualdub, its a free and basic video editor and processor, it will let you grab a frame and send it to your clipboard

use Widows Moive maker

its a pre-installed video editor comes with microsft windows xp

first i prefer that you get the latest version from here

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx

open the program from the start menu

click on import video select your video and open it, play it on the video view at the left till you get to the sence where your want to capture the sence and press on the camera icon (located at bottom left corner of the player ) to save the screenshoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom