Surround Sound - PC to TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julez1054

Solid State Member
Not to long ago I purchased a surround sound 5.1 system for mY computer - and I just recently got around to hanging the speakers on the wall and such to give it a nice REAL surround effect. The quality is incredible - sound is great, everything works perfect. My issue now is that I would like to hook the speakers up to my tv and I'm not real savvy when it comes to wiring, and what type of cables and connectors I might need.

Could anyone give me any advice? I'd truly appreciate it.
Thanks.

you typically can't just hook up 5 speakers and a sub to a tv... you would need a reciever. the reciever would take the signal from the TV, in many cases an RCA cable (red and white plugs or red, white, and yellow... yellow for video) then the reciever (also an amplifier in many cases) would distribute the sound to your 5.1 surround sound.

now there are better connections than RCA, but not knowing what all you are capable of i'll suggest the old standard that is on almost everything.

in short, if you don't really know what you're doing, and even if you do, it can be very very hard to hook PC speakers up to a TV without some trips to radio shack ;)
you may be just as happy getting a TV card for your PC, you can pick one up for around $100 i think... or maybe less now.
then you have TV on your PC with your 5.1

good luck,
let me know if there's anything else i can do for ya.
~Kb

I had a problem of, my speakers (also logitech 5.1's) sounded ub3r for games, music ect, but when i put them on my TV they sounded shitty, what i did was use my computer to watch TV, (Tv Tuner) and it sounds nice, TV tuners are pretty cheap now'a'days, and you get nifty stuff like TiVo(emnulated that is) channel lists (if you didnt have digital cable) ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom