Surround Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

jer-181

Solid State Member
Hey, I was woundering if anyone could help me out!!! I have just hooked up my surround sound to my computer and it works fine but the back 2 speakers dont work all that well. Sound comes out but its just back ground noise that you really cant hear anyways, I was woundering if I have to get a new sound card or whats the problem! I want all sound to come out equally of all speakers, just like a normal stero would, but istead of 2 speakers there would be 5 and a sub!!! Someone please help me!!!

Check the connections, if thats ok, then I would say that whatever form of audio file playing from your computer isnt made to be played correctly by surround sound

A bit more info would help... speaker models, sound card, software.

Anyway, youre on true surround sound mode. Somewhere in your speaker properties you need to adjust the mode settings. Most high end sound cards come with software that controls this, as do most speaker sets. Check in those software sets if you have them. Its a simple solution, just gotta find the control for it.

More Info

To your answer I have tried to find the setting on my comp for the sound, and I did... I think, I changed it to surround sound, I had done that in the control panel, then went to sounds and devices, then changed it to 5.1 surround sound, there are many options and I dont know which one to pick, I dont think any of them produce the sound I want from the back speakers, just the same old soft background noise. And as far as sound cards go, I believe I have a CM18738/C3DX PCI Audio Device, Legacy Audio Drivers. I hope this helps!!! And thanks for taking the time to help out everyone!!!

Surround Sound Specs

As for what I have for Surround Sound I have a Pioneer System, model number VSX-D510, multi-channel reciever.

i had this problem but i learned it was becuase my on board sound didnt support my big surround sound

Okay ..herez what u do .. Cmi installs an app called "mixer" .. which u can find in the system tray ..(or just search for mixer.exe)
U'll need to enable the 5.1 spkr option there .. actually .. if i remeber rite the options r .. headphones, 2 spkrs , 4 spkrs n' 6 spkrs

Still Nothing

I found the mixer that you were talking about and it was already set on the 6 speakers. It says that the three different jacks in the back are front speakers out, sub out and rear speakers out, does that mean I have to somehow connect those devices to those jacks? Right now I just have the connector plugged into the green one. Is that the right one? I have the blue, green and pink one. Thanks for the help guys!

OK dude.....point being that surround sound is meant to do exactly what your system is doing.....see if we just wanted to have a bunch of speakers all around us, wee wouldn't need 5.1 or 6.1 or whatever, we would just need a bunch of speaker outlets.....the whole point of true surround sound is that the different speakers have different uses.....check the placement/volume of the speakers and maybe move them closer or turn up the volume......they aren't meant to deliver ALL the same sounds as all the other speakers....they're meant to deliver realistic sound, which would mean that the back speakers only deliver a small amount of background noise, etc.....I'd be willing to bet that they are much smaller than your front speakers? This is why they aren't huge honking 500 watt speakers, they are only meant to deliver the small amount of sound that one might pick up from behind them....hence the "rear" speakers go behind your head.....

Good

Ya thats what I figured it was doing. But I do not want to true surround sound, I only listen to music on my computer so I dont want or need the true surround sound. How do I get all of the speakers to work at the same level and all just be normal speakers? that is what I want them to do, can I even do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom