Surround Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory

Beta member
I have a 2 sets up speakers and was wonering if I could use them for surround sound. My sound card is a integrated SoundMAX card. I have my speakers and sub hooked into the audio in port of the sound card, when I take my other two speakers and plug them into the Surround Sound port on my card they work along with my other speakers. Is this considered surround sound, or do I need special surround sound speakers?

I am familiar with the basics of home theatre surround sound setup, but I've never used computer surround sound. what I think is that you do not have true surround sound. the soundMAX does not sound like it is a surround-sound soundcard. in order to do that I would think you would also need computer speakers that have Coaxial digital inputs or Fiber optical digital inputs unless you are using the very old and outdated version of dobly pro logic which decodes surround sound using stereo. maybe the computer audio guys can help you better with this.

Ive never seen a SoundMAX card before... what is it? 5.1? 2.1? 3.1? or just stereo?

I do know though if your plug the sub and speakers into the audio-in port of the sound card you shouldnt get any sound at all as audio-in is for sending audio into the PC, not from the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom