Suround sound improvising

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohnedich49

Beta member
Ok hello everyone,

I have a Dell 600m Laptop, a brand new sound blaster pcmcia audigy 2
Z5, a base no bells and whistles Onkyo Reciever (with only support for 4 speaker and a subwoffer), 2 klm bookshelf speaker for front, 2 aiwa bookshelf speakers for the back, and a Sony subwoffer.

My goal is to with the things i listed above create a desent surround sound experience.

SO my Question is, is this possible?

Last resort option would be to go out and buy a proper 5.1 creative suround sound system.( I DONT WANT TO DO THIS)

I am willing to spend money on extra cables cords extra

Thank You

Yah what u can do is (ive done this before) go to the dollar store and buy a 3.5 mm headphone jack to left(white) and right(red) rca connector.

Like this...

B00021ENY6.01-A1VC38T7YXB528.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Next move your whole system to your computer (or just get a really long cable) and connect the headphone part....

A117A.jpg

and plug that into your audio out port of your soundcard most often colour coded green.

Next take the left and right rca connector...

stereo-rca-end.jpg

and plug these into your stereo's AUX, CD, VIDEO 1;2;3, TAPE etc...

HK3480back.jpg

shown in the bottom left hand corner...

Connect your speakers to the receiver and then plug the reciever in to the wall. Turn your reciever on and set it to AUX, CD, VIDEO 1;2;3, TAPE whatever you connected the PC to.

Play a song on the computer with the computers main at half and the wave at full volume. Now you can adjust the volume on your stereo receiver to what you want to listen to it at. You will have to set the stereo reciever to be in surround sound mode or just make it output sound on all speakers.

ENJOY BLASTING YOUR MUSIC :cool:!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom