Suddenly Can't Play AVI Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Runtime
Well up until now i have been able to play just about any movie i downloaded using Real Player, Windows Media Player, Divx and Quicktime. But suddenly now i am having problems playing avi files. All i get is audio no video. I tried updating real player but no luck. Quicktime files still play fine. When i look at the tile icon for the movies, it shows the first frame, so it does recognise the file in some way, but just wont play the video. Can anyone help me?

Dude i had that problem or somethin like it. i cant remember what it was tho! did u reintsall the divx codec?

Still doesn't work. I uninstalled real player and divx and reinstalled both, updated both, still nothing. Why would it suddenly stop playing avi? I wonder if perhaps this could have been done on purpose by another user of this computer, though i wouldnt have a clue how.

Solved the problem. I went into my display properties for my graphics card (right click on desktop, NVidia Display) and found a check box for full screen videos. I checked it and set it to be on the primary display. Now it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom