sub making humming noise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCents05

Daemon Poster
why does my sub make a really obnoxious humming noise when its not in use. i have the logitech z-5500 and if i turn it on thru the control pod but dont use it it makes some **** humming noise which kinda bugs me. it could be that i dont have a 5.1 sound card. instead im using a gaming adapter by logitech. and the red a white rca jack to headphone port(dont kno what kind of wire thats called)to a ysplitter to my laptops headphone jack(the other end of my ysplitter goes to my old speaker system). when i play music its fine but when i dont it likes to hum.

if you are using in cheap cables, try jiggling them around at the connection points...sometimes lower end cables tend to do that when they get old or have been bent and impacted alot where the cable meets the connector.

if it makes humming sound with only power connected.
There is a problem with the sub psu. Or it is a quality problem.

it cane also be the sub amp. who is inside the sub box.

Normaly u can acsess this by unscrew 4 screw on the amp panel.

take it out carfully. and se if any wires are lose. or if there is any unisolated wires touching anything it shouldent.

well it was actually a wire that was loose. the speaker connection in the back of the sub some of them were out and i dunno but i guess it made the sub react in some way.

but these logitech subs are impossible to open. i tried removing the subwoofer grill by unscrewing the 4 hexathing screws and i couldnt budge it. i unscrewed it took a flat head screw driver and try to pry it off and nothing worked. they must have superglued it shut so i dunno.

Yah they might be glued.. this systems is not built to be repered..

and lose wires cane do this.
Good u found it

yea but it would be sweet if i could take out the grill cause it would look so much cooler. i dont even see why they screw it in if they glue it impossibly tight.

Perhaps its all molded togetter.(clules on spelling here)
And the screws are just there so it looks like its mounted normaly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom