Studio...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyDee

Baseband Member
well i asked this on the Mac, Apple section but no respons there, guess i posted at the wong section, so ill try here...ill make it short and simple (this has to do with audio) Im looking for a laptop tht can run my Music Production needs, Such as MIDI, and Software. i HEARD Apple can do the job... but im on $1000 and under budget, but i can get on Ebay...so im just looking for a Laptop tht i can get on the plane with, take it out and conect my 36keys MIDI/USB Piano and make music.. but at the same time go home and use it as a full support system....so if any of u have any tips on tht plz let me know it will be very helpfull..

I wouldn't use a PC laptop... only reason for that is because PC laptops are far behind desktop performance unless you pay the big bucks.

I would go with apple... Many many many studios use Apple because they run so much better when doing audio... plus they just work. Personally, I'm a PC guy, but when it comes to Audio, my professors in school always said Apple (except for one, but he likes sony better than ProTools... duh... what a terrible way to think).

Specs... at least 512mb ram. A gig would be nice, but we used G3's at school with 256mb of ram and they could parely puke out 24 tracks of audio (no effects/inserts added). A G4 with 512mb of ram would work fine.

A place I would recommend going to get more help would be www.korgforums.com I have been a part of that forum for along time (my name is yamaha135). They are all extremely smart people, most of which have Mac's. It is a keyboard forum, but there are plenty of other sections to post in. Post something there and you're sure to get at least a better answer than mine.

well ur answer was very helpfull... see im on the move all the time and i dont want the hustle of connect all teh cables and other equipment...so thts y im going for a laptop..but thnx for the link ill defently check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom