Stuck with Apple?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueCode

Beta member
So I've come to notice that I can't exactly share my music that I download from Apple.. Hypothetically speaking, if I were to become sick of buying over-priced iPods can I still keep my music that I've downloaded from iTunes and put them on another MP3 player?

Hello,

No, because they are DRM protected.

The only current solution would be to burn your music to an audio CD or to a virtual disc drive, and rip the songs to a DRM free format such as MP3. However, this will be time consuming if you have a lot of protected music files.

Hrm.. well thank you :)

You wouldnt happen to have any solutions, would you? I know after this iTouch of mine dies I'd rather shy away from another expensive iPod.. but if all my music is stuck with Apple..

Should I subscribe to another music downloading source and just import from there?

You would have to find a DRM Free source. I know that Zune with Microsoft is having some offers with that. Subscribe with them and get 10 songs a month while you have yoru subscription DRM Free.

There are ways to remove DRM but we can not discuss that here. It falls under the Keep things legal rule.

most song from itunes are not drm protected anymore. they did away with that last year. but a few are. if it's an m4a file it's not, but a m4p file is. they just refunded me my money on paris album because it was drm and they didn't warn me in advance

Thanks for the input guys :)

What music subscriptions (if any) do you guys use? If I'm not mistaken, I believe there is one for unlimited downloading for 15 bucks a month? Or am I flat out wrong? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom