Stream my TV's screen to a pc?

kaidadoughnut

Beta member
Hey TF,
I have been searching for a while for a way to wirelessly stream my ps3 to my laptop so that I could play from anywhere in my house, but I couldn't find much info on the topic. So I thought it might be easier to buy some sort of hardware that could attach to my TV's video outputs to stream to a piece of software (preferably not over wifi if possible) to my laptop. From the research that I've done, everything I've found is to stream video from your pc to your tv, but there must be a way to do the opposite.
Thanks a lot.

Tl;dr Is there a way to wirelessly stream my Tv's video output to a pc?

The only downside to that is you'd still have to be within a certain distance of the console because of the controller.

Instead of streaming it from the TV, the device you want would more than likely stream from the PS3 itself. (ie - PS3=>*StreamingDevice*=>*StreamingReceiver*=>TV that receiver is plugged into).

Unfortunately, I know a lot with the capture boxes and devices that the PS3 is limited to only using the composite cables, because the HDMI signal is encrypted. So even you if you do manage to find a device that can do it, you may be limited to just 480p resolution (in today's environment=gaming no-no).

Back
Top Bottom