Strange problem - microphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiller.

In Runtime
This is a bit hard to explain, but when I enable voice chat with a friend over windows live messenger, I can hear the sounds coming from his PC even though he has his headset on. We both have headsets on and all sound is coming in through our headsets. We can hear each other talking, but I can also hear the sounds coming from his PC that only he should hear. I should only be hearing his voice. He does not hear any sounds coming from my PC. He can only hear my voice.

He is running Windows XP, and I am on 7.

Any advice would be appreciated!

May I ask what sound cards your running ? if you are running a realtek HD audio soundcard system.
Check the audio manager and look at microphone and see if there is a option for room noise cancellation.
Also it would be best to not use any sound effects or echoes or god forbis bass, that will both make you cringe if turned up to loud...

If he has the same sound card, ask him to do the same or if it's a sound blaster, his should be some what similiar.

Thanks for the response. We are both using Realtek HD Audio, so I will have him adjust some settings. All mine are set to the values that you described.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom