to stay internal or not to stay internal

Status
Not open for further replies.

deimos1090

Solid State Member
Hello all,

First, I would like to say that normally I view myself as an experienced user when it comes to computer technology, however, audio is not exactly my forte.

The question that I have is based on the following story: I have an Intel D915PBL motherboard that has an integrated audo that I am currently using (5.1 Logitech z-5300 speaker setup). I recently came in posession of a Creative Sound Blaster Live! Model: CT4830, and was wondering whether the dedicated card would offer any system performace or sound quality increase over the integrated Intel audio. I have found it difficult to get solid information on the sound card, so hopefully someone will have some experience with the card.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

-deimos1090

Thanks,

Ill try it out, and see if its better. I was just iffy because the integrated audio had an optical option available. So I thought it might have been better.

well... optical is better, but a sound card will have better decoding. Also, it will take the load off of your cpu of decoding digital signals, and instead your soundcard would do that. So, it would be best to get a soundcard with optical/coaxial outputs (depending on what your speakers accept).

the live pin on the live card is optical. if I remeber correctly you have the option to select it for coaxial or sub output

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom