Splitting Sound...

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
I've got my X-530's hooked up to both my 360 and my PC using Y-Cable adapters (Two 1/8" stereo plugs to 1/8" stereo jack) and it works great except when only one device is on...

If only the 360 is on, then the volume is incredibly loud... however when both are on, the volume gets significantly softer for both... whats going on?

Is there anyway to prevent this, or should I just turn one off when the other is on?

well not sure what could be causing your problem but if i where in your shoes (and was a little while ago) i would just get a source selector for your speakers so you can have either the 360 OR the pc getting to the speakers instead of both of them. i did the Y cable thing between 2 computers and 1 pair of speakers but id be watching a movie and firefox would make some popup noise or something and **** me off:) so seriously just go get a source selector 2 maybe even 4 way (for expandability) and you will be golden.

you might have to do a little search to find a good one i would give you the model number off mine but im an *******:) jk mine was made by a friend as a birthday present(that kid is an electronics genius:))

edit: i just found the one i was going to get

STEREO AUDIO SWITCH - A B Audio Switch Box

or this one i think they are pretty much the same but idk call them or send them an email to ask

SPEAKER SWITCH - Share 2 Computers with One Speaker Set

the first one on the page little tiny unit but that should solve all your problems

I would use a switch box of some sort. I built one a while ago with 5 inputs (just used a rotary switch and some headphone jacks from RadioShack) but you can probably buy premade ones online. The two signals interfere with each other and cancel some of the sound away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom