Splitting 3.5 mm Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

protekcs

Beta member
Hello,

I have the Logitech Z-560 speaker set and there are two 3.5mm jacks, one for front audio and one for rear. Now when I plug the single jack (either one) into my laptop sound is clear and crisp, but when I use a Y-Adapter that splits the one port into two (so I can use all 4 of my speakers) I get kind of a feedback... it is kind of electronic buzzing sound and I can barely hear my music in the background. What is going on?

Oh and I tried the same connection although this time using my mp3 player and the audio was crisp and clear.

-Regan

Are you using a stereo or mono splitter?

A stereo spilter will send both channels from the original minijack port (socket) to both ends of the splitter (the new sockets), a mono splitter will send one channel to one end and the other channel to the other....which do you have...and..which does your speakers require?

Oh, damn, thanks for the info.... the splitter I bought (not knowing there were different kinds) spits one stereo into 2 mono or combines 2 mono into 1 stereo... I feel like a dilhole now!

Thanks for the info... time to exchange!

-Regan

firstly i would said that it's not recommended to spilt any output from one jack into two. it would cause some sounding problem: you will loss the strength of the signal so ur z-560 won'k sound as great as they really can do, your will loss sound clarity caused there will be some frequency loss while your splitter split the audio signal and also you won't get real surround from splitting.

your laptop is powered by big wattages and outputing some kind of electricity (circulating in it) may be this caused a feed back to your speakers. thay's why your mp3 player doesn't produce some kind of that, because it uses small wattages.

i also have z-560, so i think it's much2 better that u use it's M3D feature which create matrixed sound for the rear speakers. it sounds great and you won't loose the power of ur z-560. so u only need to connect only your front speaker jack to ur soundcard line out and then push M3D button on your SoundTouch control.

Hey thanks for that tip. I had totally forgotten about the M3D button and its purpose. Now my system works and sounds great! Thanks a ton!

-Regan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom