Speakers Popping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADD86

Beta member
Hi,
Heres the problem with this set of Logitech x-530 speakers (which are pretty new):

I noticed that whenever an electrical appliance such as a fridge or washer turns on or off, the speakers pop. I'll just mention little things that may or may not help.

THe popping doesnt happen unless the plugs are connected to the sound card.

Ive tried the speakers on another comp and the same result.
I have a set of z-680s also and they dont have this problem.

My friend says he has the same problem and says its because they arent magnetically shielded - but these speakers apparently do when I look on the net.

When I connect it to a playstation it doesnt seem to pop so thats what keeps me from thinking the speakers are faulty

Ive read about overlapping wires and Ive separated them the best I can and the problem still remains

Ive downloaded new drivers for the Audigy 2 Zs sound card

So after all this, I still am unsure of the cause. All i can think of right now is that the appliances are disturbing the computer power and leads to this popping. Is there a way to stop this interruption/interference? But then again why these speakers, Ive read good reviews on it.

Its not that big a problem but once it caused the left speaker to stop working! so i dont want that to happen again.

Okayyy haha any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

I have kinda the same problem.

I think that it is the power flux thing.

cuz sometimes when I turn the comp off or on there is a deep(base) pop

the wierd thing is that just today I was dragging a picture I was working on in photoshop around I could here the speakers making noises when I drug.

Thanks for the replies.

What I don't understand though is why its just this set of speakers that has the problem

apokalipse said:
to fix this, you can get a power board which smooths out the current when there are any fluctuations. plug your computer into one of these

that is an expensive option. try this first

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=227384#post227384

something isn't filter right. probably your house (probably not grounded properly), since they filter most electronic equipment properly for the past 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom