Speakers pop on startup/shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Indeed.
Whenever I turn on or shut off my computer my speakers make a loud popping noise. I'm using my integrated sound card, but I tried two other PCI cards and the problem still remained. I know that some audio equipment will always do this (I've heard it in factory car stereos), but it's loud and i'm afraid that it will damage my speakers if i forget to turn them off first. Is this something that's able to be fixed? Like a grounding issue or something?

I've used my speakers for about eight years and they do this every time, I don't think it's too much trouble. And several other speaker systems I've used do this too.

Its simple, don turn them on before anything else.

Speakers are the last thing you turn on in a chain of audio hardware.

they always do this, every speakers you are able to find on the planet.

It is actually interesting to see no-one tried to design them to avoid this problem

^they thought people could clue in that you should turn them on last, and turn them off first.

I'll try to dumb this down a bit. When the computer turns off it basically stops comunicating with the speakers, so they realize they don't need to be so responsive, so they kinda of turn down the power. When the computer turns on, it starts comunicating, so the speakers turn up the power again. (this is not actaully entirely true/acurate, just a explanation of why they do it)

they always do this, every speakers you are able to find on the planet.

It is actually interesting to see no-one tried to design them to avoid this problem

wrong... mine don't

Like Luke and Rican said though, just turn them on last and off first if you have this problem.

I have a pair of B&W cm1's. I run them through a reciever from my computer. They pull about 100w from the amp

^nice.... i guess that is not low power then.

I have been wanting to get a set of bx8a's for my comp but i have had no where to use them. If i start making some money from my business at my new house then i will finally get them.

My Logitechs dont pop. But as Rican said, they are the last thing turned on. I am already at the Windows desktop before i even touch the power button for my speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom