Speakers Don't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevinator9

Baseband Member
My Speakers used to work fine but now they have stopped working. There are three plugs at the back of my hardrive that it can go into and they are colour coded. There is a pink one for the mic (because the mic cable is pink) and a green and a blue one.The speaker cable is green so I plug it into the green one (and it used to work). My dad when we redid our pc put the speakers in the blue plug and I figured that out and it fixed it. It is in the same plug. When I pull it out and put it in it crackles. The speakers are turned on. The computer volume is on and not muted. PLease help.

Sorry it's not fixed. I have fixed them before by plugging them in to the right plug but they are in the right plug still and they dont work. No they don't work.

Ok. I think I have found the problem. I went to control panel to try and find how to reinstall my sound card... Then into sounds and audio devices folder and it opens a window. On the window in the tab "volume" It says no audio device and I can't change the volume. I went to the "hardware" tab and it showed all the devices. Down the bottom was "Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer" and it showed the device properties below. The properties said: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (code 39)" I am not sure what to do now.

Good news. I figured out how to reinstall with the help of troubleshooting. It's all fixed. Thanks a bunch!

It seems that this has happened again. This time there is no microsoft kernel player, just audio wave. I go into hardware and it ways all of the devices are working properly. I again tried the plugs and all of that is working, the speakers fcrackle when the plug is pulled in and out. Could anyone have any ideas because I am out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom