speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailshe

Baseband Member
can i get 2.1 and later add more speakers to it?
i found good 2.1 speakers but they dont have a headphone acces,can i conect headphones strait to the computer?
what do you prefer cheap 5.1 speakers for like 80$ or nice 2.1?

if you get a 2.1 system you probably cannot add anymore speakers later on.

yes you can connect headphones to your soundcard's headphone port.

personally, i prefer nice 2.1 over cheap 5.1. I'm big on sound quality and am constantly listening to music..... more so than I play games with 5.1 sound

is your home theater amp stereo? 2.1? 5.1? 7.1? If it's stereo or 2.1, you can run a 1/8" to RCA cable from the soundcard line-out to the stereo RCA inputs on the back of your amp. If it's 5.1, you can do the same thing, but you won't have true 5.1 sound.

If your amp has optical input, you can hook it to your soundcard with that provided your soundcard has optical output. this will give you true 5.1 sound (when supported)

I also prefer 2.1 over 5.1 at that price range. Plus, at any price range, 2.1 will always be much easier to set up... unless you go cordless, at which point you lose a bit of sound quality and up the price very substantially. I have a set of Logitech Z-5300 5.1 and I'm using them as a 2.1 setup. The other three speakers are packed away. I'm wishing I would have gone with a similarly priced 2.1 setup :/. Running the cords and finding proper placement can be major invconveniences in many rooms (like my dorm). I probably won't go back to 5.1 for my pc until I have a house of my own and can setup a room specifically for that.

I went out and got a set of X-530's and mounted all of the speakers except the center one on the walls of my room. it sounds really nice, but its kind of anoying having cords running up the walls. I absolutly love my X-530's- and now that their coupled with my X-Fi and not my old Live!, they sound AMAZING! Since their only 70 watts, their not as loud as a set of Z-5500's or Z-5300e's, but if your computer and speakers are the only think in the room, than your set.

yea the z5500 gets unecessarily louder than the x530. i only upgrade from the x530 to the z5500 for the sub. and the subs are muuuuch different. a sweet 2.1 system tho would the logitech z2300. best 2.1 system that logitech makes i believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom